PURPOSE OF POSITION
To install and maintain manufacturing equipment and systems, plant equipment and systems, and perform building maintenance in support of manufacturing operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain a thorough understanding of plant safety policies and procedures and perform all work according to policies and procedures.
- Understand plant environmental policies and procedures and how they relate to performance of daily duties.
- Maintain high standards of quality and workmanship in performance of all duties.
- Installation and startup of new manufacturing or support equipment including installation and connection of electrical service, assembly of equipment and connection of electrical circuits per manufacturer’s drawings, and startup and adjustment of equipment.
- Diagnose and repair electrical malfunctions of plant and manufacturing equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of PLC machine controls, motor controls, AC/DC drive controls, oven temperature controls, gas burner controls, induction furnace controls, and other common industrial control and instrumentation devices.
- Have a functional understanding of and diagnose and repair common malfunctions of CNC machine controls.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment malfunctions of all plant and manufacturing equipment.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions of building electrical and lighting systems and perform preventive maintenance per documented procedures and methods.
- Perform preventive maintenance on and inspection of plant and manufacturing equipment per documented procedures and methods.
- Assist with developing preventive maintenance schedules and procedures for equipment using OEM equipment manuals and component manuals.
- Bench repair/rebuild of electrical equipment components.
- Layout, fitting, and installation of conduit, cable trays and other common industrial wiring systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance Shift Team Leaders.
- 2 year technical degree in industrial maintenance or equivalent combination of training and experience.
4 years industrial maintenance experience.
- Work at elevations.
- Lift 50 to 60 pounds.
- Work outside and at hot and cold temperature extremes.
MAU Workforce Solutions is one of the leading providers of Temporary Staffing and Professional Recruiting in the Southeast. We specialize in matching qualified candidates with quality positions that fit their skills, training, and experience. MAU Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, religion, color, sex, or national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. MAU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.